We need to use your personal data to make your experience better. To comply with the General Data Protection Regulation, we need to ask for your consent before using your personal data.
Is this your first event at a Viparis venue? To simplify things, VIPARIS's Exhibitor Services can guide you throughout the process. Whether you need advice, assistance or validation for your project, our expert team is there to help streamline your preparations for the creation of your stand that meets your every expectation.
KEY STEPS FOR PLANNING A SUCCESSFUL EVENT
Step 1: READ THE EXHIBITOR TECHNICAL GUIDELINES
- What 's the key to a trouble-free event? Preparation.
- Start by reviewing the Exhibitor's Technical Guidelines, which the event organiser has given you. This is a key resource.
- Schedule, key dates, checklists, partners, types of stands, architectural norms this document contains all the essential information you need to get started.
Step 2: IDENTIFY KEY DATES AND PARTNERS
- Identifying key dates and critical deadlines is an essential part of preparing a successful event. Reserving badges from your organiser, ordering materials, submitting your stand’s design to the technical service: these are some of the time-sensitive stages in organising your stand. For an essential overview, print out and complete the event calendar provided to you by your organiser.
- Save your key contacts' details to your cellphone for easy access.
Step 3: PLANNING AHEAD
- Depending on your type of stand (shell scheme or fully-furnished), you need to draw up a customised schedule.
- Useful tip: depending on its siSe and technical complexity, it's best to start planning your stand two months before your event.
- Once you have established your timeline, stick to it.
- To stay on track, identify in advance and list all services you'll need. This is the best way to ensure availability of supplies and avoid surcharges for late orders.
- Identify all of your requirements. Viparis’s Exhibitor Services can help you identify your needs and establish the list with you.
Step 4 KEEP YOUR GOAL IN MIND
- Stay focused on why you are taking part in the event: a product launch, a desire to boost your sales, to present your business, to exchange with colleagues, etc.
- This goal will guide you as you plan your stand.
- For example, for a product launch, to achieve maximum impact, concentrate on visual communication and provide meeting spaces at your stand.
- Exhibitor Services will be happy to advise you.
Step 5: CHECK YOUR STAND PACKAGE
- Look at the form you used to book your stand with the organiser.
- Depending on whether your stand is a shell scheme stand, equipped, fitted with an electrical box or furniture, you will be able to more easily identify any additional equipment you need to order.
- If you fail to check your package, you may forget to order certain essential services – or order equipment that is already included.
- This useful precaution will save you stress, time and unnecessary expense.
Step 6: IDENTIFY YOUR NEEDS
- When it comes to technical requirements, your first step should be to contact Exhibitor Services, who can help you to identify your needs. For electrical connections, for example, your stand’s electricity is distributed via an electrical box, either via the floor or ceiling of the venue where your event is being held. The best choice of box depends on your equipment and the number of sockets you require.
- For more information, please consult the Purchasing Guidelines and the various user guides.
Step 7: MEMORISE YOUR STAND NUMBER
- Commit your stand number to memory; it is the single most important identifying element when communicating with Exhibitor Services.
- With it, the Exhibitor Services teams can see everything you have ordered for your stand, as well advise you on any supplementary services that will help you stand out.
- Exhibitor Services will be happy to help you place your orders, or to direct you to our accredited service providers.
Step 8: STAND OUT FROM THE REST
- Signage is a key element for a successful stand; it helps to differentiate your brand and your area of activity.
- If you want your stand to be a success, details matter. Decor, suspended signage, lighting, high-tech equipment, innovative solutions, designer furniture and colour coordination – use every tool at your disposal to offer your visitors a special welcome.
- Once you have designed your stand, our technical teams can check that everything is in order. They will let you know if there is a better technical solution, or if your order is incomplete.
Step 9: PERFECT YOUR FLOOR PLAN
- Whether you prepare it on paper or using our online 3D module, your floor plan is a reference document that provides an overall description of your stand.
- In addition to the number of your stand and the number of the hall (or pavilion), it must include a diagram of the location of your stand and all of its dimensions.
- It must also show where you want to place the various services you have ordered (electrical box and sockets, slings, etc.).
- Please provide it as soon as possible to the event organiser, Viparis and all of the service providers that are likely to need it.
Step 10: SIGN UP FOR LOGIPASS
- Above all, remember to create a Logipass account. This is a prerequisite for accessing Viparis's loading Sones during the setup and dismantling periods.
- For more information, please visit www.logipass.viparis.com
SIX PITFALLS TO AVOID
- Think big: don't underestimate the time needed to plan your stand.
- Delegate as far upstream as possible: when designing your stand, you can't manage everything yourself nor entrust the entire job to a service provider. Above a certain siSe, we recommend you have a decorator design your stand. Contact Exhibitor Services, who will refer you to one of our partners.
- Take the lead: if you wait until the last minute to order you may run into problems.
- Work out all the details: lighting, signage, IT equipment and Internet connections, furniture, displays, parking spaces, etc. Exhibitor Services is standing by to make sure you have thought of everything.
- Add a personal touch to your fully-equipped stand: don’t hesitate to consult Exhibitor Services for advice on how best to design a stand that will accurately reflect your company and your brand.
- Check out the venue: by visiting the site beforehand, you can learn how to access the site, find the entrance gate, locate your hall (or pavilion), and familiarise yourself with your stand and all the available services. An upstream trip to the event venue and your stand's location will save you stress on the big day. If you can't come in person prior to the event, all of this information is available at https://www.viparis.com